I hope you have all survived the last 8 months through Covid-19! It has been a very tough time for all of us and especially the publicans who support or game.
We have been advised we are now able to start Competition Pool again so Rob Taylor has spoken to Patty at the Nar Nar Goon Hotel and we have booked in a couple of dates to firstly finish the finals for the season and also to hold our Presentation night and AGM for the 2021 Season preparation.
Sunday 13th December 2020 - 2020 Finals will be played all on the one day with the doors opening at 12pm. We will play all finals on this day and a rough idea of the timing of the matches is below;-
- 12.10PM – Nar Nar Goon Blacks & Beaconsfield Blacks 10 minute practice
- 12.20PM – Nar Nar Goon Stars & Koo Wee Rup 10 minute practice
- 12.30PM – Announcement on announcement on day’s proceedings and the WGEBL CovidSafe plan to follow for the day.
- 12.35PM – Major Semi Final (Nar Nar Goon Blacks v Nar Nar Goon Stars) & Minor Semi Final (Beaconsfield Black v Koo Wee Rup)
- 3.30PM – Preliminary Final (Loser of Major Semi v Winner of Minor Semi)
- 7.00PM – Grand Final (Winner of Major Semi v Winner of Preliminary)
Part of the Leagues responsibilities with the commencement of competition playing is we will all need to follow a WGEBL CovidSafe Plan which will be put together by our committee prior to the commencement of the finals. Teams not playing can come and support the league and help with adjudication of the matches.
Friday the 18th December 2020 starting at 7pm will be a combination of our AGM and our Presentation Night. The idea is to firstly have an opportunity to all catch up and have a drink but also with the impact of Covid-19 we will be trying to get a shorter version of a season under way for the 2021 season commencing in January 2020.
- 7.00PM – Doors open in the back room with Drinks supplied, food, juke box music and open pool tables
The committees thoughts on the 2021 season at this stage are;-
- 8.00PM – AGM – minimum of one player per team to represent their team to vote on proposals for the 2021 season. This is open to all current teams and also any potential new teams for the 2021 season. If anyone knows of any possible new teams please ensure you pass this email onto them. Remember this is your chance to put your ideas forward on any proposed changes to the league. (Must submit in writing 7 days prior to the meeting) This is also when we vote in our committee for the 2020 season so Team Representative’s presence is essential.
- 9.30PM – 2020 Presentation of Trophies
- Attempt to get 2 home and away rounds and the finals season completed which would mean a shorter 14 week season instead of 21. This will at least get us all back into the venues who support us every year.
- If this is not possible due to the number of weeks available we may look at a weekend during the season to catch up on matches or look to run the finals over a weekend instead of a couple of weeks?
Your committee will be finalising our Covidsafe Plan which will be emailed to you all prior to the start of the finals. I will also be sending our Player Ranking Lists for the start of the 2021 season so you can start to plan your team for next year.
If any team/player has any questions regarding the above plans please feel free to email me back or call me on 0418 650 400.